Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Goose Music

On the road this week--a business trip that has taken me across the Florida panhandle, up into Mississippi and then over to Atlanta. Tomorrow, following a presentation, I'll strap my highway machine to my backside and drive back to L.A. (Lower Alabama). In the middle of this manic motorway mission, I managed to squeeze in a stop at Number 2 son's place in Grenada, MS. I was a bit wrung out by the time I reached his lakeside home yesterday evening. A couple of small bass on a plastic worm at sunset and I was beginning to feel human again. This morning I woke to the sound of geese assembling to feed. There is something soothing, and at the same time arousing, about a chorus of canadas. Two cups of joe, and an hour-long wild goose cantata, and I was ready to take on the world, again.

No comments: