Saturday, April 14, 2007

Global Cooling?

Evidently someone at Weather Control Central didn't get the global warming memo. I know I'm not in warm, sunny Florida anymore, but North Mississippi is still in the Mid-SOUTH! Sustained below freezing temps during the first week of APRIL just ain't right. All the crepe myrtles around the house and lining the drive agree with me. Two weeks ago they were covered in a month's worth of green leafy growth. Now they look like someone sprayed them with the stuff they use to control kudzu alongside the highways.

It was so cold last weekend, that #2 son and I decided that hanging around the house with his mother would be more fun than sitting in Vaught-Hemingway stadium watching our Rebels play each other in the Grove Bowl.

I was sitting in a barber shop last week and heard a turkey hunter claim it was so cold that he had seen a frozen Butterball in the woods. I know that is hard to believe--but it is true. The little bald colonel still needs haircuts.

It has been so cold here on Eegeebegee that even the grass over the septic tank has turned brown.

But, I'm not complaining. Two months from now, when the temperature and humidity are having a contest to see which can reach 100 first, we'll be begging for this cool weather.

No comments: